Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

Mahatma Ghandi

Psychological Word Search:
The first 3 words you find will describe you.



I read that: In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. Someone do this and tell me if it works!!

The increased electricity used by modern appliance parts is causing a shift in the Earth's magnetic field. By the year 2327, the North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be just off the coast of East Africa.
Due to the natural "momentum" of the ocean, saltwater fish cannot swim backwards.
The original inspiration for Barbie dolls comes from dolls developed by German propagandists in the late 1930s to impress young girls with the ideal notions of Aryan features. The proportions for Barbie were actually based on those of Eva Braun.
Manatees possess vocal chords which give them the ability to speak like humans, but don't do so because they have no ears with which to hear the sound.
At the first World Cup championship in Uruguay, 1930, the soccer balls were actually monkey skulls wrapped in paper and leather. (yuck)
If you put a bee in a film canister for two hours, it will go blind and leave behind its weight in honey. (Please don't try)
The trucking company Elvis Presley worked at as a young man was owned by Frank Sinatra.
The first McDonald's restaurant opened for business in 1952 in Edinburgh, Scotland, and featured the McHaggis sandwich. (curse them!)
Due to the angle at which the optic nerve enters the brain, staring at a blue surface during sex greatly increases the intensity of orgasms.
If you part your hair on the right side, you were born to be carnivorous. If you part it on the left, your physical and psychological make-up is that of a vegetarian.
Silly Putty was "discovered" as the residue left behind after the first latex condoms were produced. It's not widely publicized for obvious reasons.
Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.
Watching an hour-long soap opera burns more calories than watching a three-hour baseball game.
You can actually sharpen the blades on a pencil sharpener by wrapping your pencils in aluminum foil before inserting them.
A dog's naked behind leaves absolutely no bacteria when pressed against carpet.
"Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order..

Rube Goldberg Photobooth from Crawford & Nelson on Vimeo.

----------------------------

You will turn over many a futile new leaf till you learn we must all write on scratched-out pages. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

New Inventions For Common Problems


To: You
Date: Today
From: The BOSS
Subject: Yourself
Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please Remember that I do not need your help. If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.

All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; don’t despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; think of the person who has never known what it’s like to love and be loved in return.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn’t live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people’s bitterness,ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

I want all of this furniture!!!!

I asked God to take away my bad habit.

God said, No. Rolling Eyes It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow. God said, No.You must grow on your own but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said…Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment